04 August 2009

mmmmm ahhhggghhh

mmmmm ahhhggghhh went the little green frog one day... I could not get that song out of my head as I took this series of pictures. Those of you who know the song, I apologize. It is one of those songs that sticks around in the ol' noggin for quite some time. I just felt the need to share that moment with all of you, hoping that if I put it down in writing, it would leave my head. That theory proved false. To those of you who do not know the song, I apologize if you feel left out, that was not my intention. Find peace in the knowledge that you do not want the song in your head right now, it is not good. If you are a sub 5 year old, you may find the song amusing and possibly hilarious, but otherwise, you are not missing a thing. Speaking of hilarious, my son said the following to me in the car today, out of nowhere, "Mommy, I am hilarious." I laughed out loud. He is hilarious.

...Please pardon the small interuption in the story... Did you ever realize how hard it is to use the mouse in your non dominant hand when you are trying to stop an almost two year old from playing with it, while he is trying to avoid Daddy? Daddy is starting the tub. The tub that goes right before the story. The story that goes right before prayers. The prayers that go right before bed. He is not interested in the day ending, so is attempting to hide with me. Something tells me that Daddy will find him. Now back to your regularly scheduled post...

Ahh... dasies. I love them. This time of year, they are the best. So sunny, so bright, so cute. Mine have taken off this year. I cut about 50 dasies a week to bring into the office and Tommy's daycare. I do not want the summer to end! I am loving this. Apparently the entire small creature world agrees with me. I caught all of these little buddies enjoying the dasies tonight. (Sorry for the quality of some of the pictures, it is hard to capture the little guys)

A moth enjoys the color yellow.

A daddy long legs climbs up the long stems. Can you see him?

A grasshopper jumps on top.

A fly lands on a flower to join in on the fun.

The little green frog hides on a leaf.

Oh, and by the way, the dragonflies at my house are bright cardinal red this year. I have never seen anything like it. Anyone else have red dragonflies this year?Also, I know what you are thinking. Two posts in one week. Has Katie lost her job? What is with all of the free time? Not to worry. All is well. Just felt like sharing a little more lately. I am sure that I will be back to my once a month posting soon enough. Just enjoy the extra communication while it lasts.

By the way, Grandma came to visit this weekend and Tommy loved it. She brought a fire truck to ride on. And hats to play with.

Come on people. I know you do not come to this website to listen to my random thoughts... you come for pictures of the cute dude. Isn't he a cute dude?

No comments: